Welcome to the CAVBF
Welcome to the web site of the California Veterans Benefit Fund, a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising funds to benefit California veterans and their families. We are aware of the dubious reputation of some groups raising funds for veterans. We are not one of those. The Fund was established in March of 2006 as a nonprofit organization that has earned tax exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service (See IRS determination form for tax identification number 20-4536035) and primarily supports the work of the Vietnam Veterans of America, California State Council, but also and other nonprofits and agencies providing services to veterans. Policies for the Fund’s ongoing programs are set by a board of directors. There are many ways to make a charitable donation to Fund.
Currently, one of the Fund’s highest priorities is a multi-year effort to raise funds for the critical needs of staff of the Veterans Service Officer Program, which helps veterans through the complex paperwork of applying for their benefits.
We are also looking for funds for our Grants Program, no donations, no grants.
Here are some of the projects the Fund has supported:
- CALVET Woman’s Veterans Conference
- Missing in America Project
- Veterans Program at Humboldt State University
- 7th Annual Veterans Recognition Luncheon, we have done 2-7
- Agent Orange, AO
- "Faces of Agent Orange" — Vietnam Veterans of America
- Vet Fund Annual Golf Tournament — California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Gold Star License Plate Program
- We make quarterly donations to the Veterans Service Officer program of the Vietnam Veterans of America California State Council. These Service Officers help any veteran to submit claims to the Veterans Administration for problems incurred during their military service.
- We supported and helped put on the celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the California Vietnam Veterans Memorial in December of 2008.